Latest News: September 14, 2022
In-person classes and campus life have resumed, and most COVID-19 requirements have been lifted. The energy and excitement of a busy and active campus is being met with the same commitment to health and wellness. We will continue to monitor public health conditions and to adjust our response as needed, and we will update you on any changes.
Vaccination and Screening
The requirement for UCheck health screening and proof of vaccination for current employees is on pause.
Students in residence are required to show proof of a booster dose.
Victoria University continues to encourage all faculty, staff and students to remain up-to-date on vaccinations and to upload your vaccination documents to the UCheck platform. Maintaining updated information on the vaccination status of our community will help inform future health and safety planning.
Victoria University’s mask requirement has been lifted. This is consistent with U of T and public health regulations and is reflective of the current pandemic environment.
The use of a medical mask in high-density indoor spaces when physical distancing is not possible is strongly encouraged.
We recognize that individuals will make independent choices about whether to wear a mask indoors, and we ask you to be respectful of other people’s decisions.
If you are feeling unwell or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, you should stay home and self-isolate. For any absence from work related to COVID-19, employees should continue to inform their manager.
Please review UofT’s protocols for individuals who
- have COVID-19 symptoms
- test positive but are asymptomatic
- are close contacts of the symptomatic or positive case
Other Health and Safety Measures
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting in high traffic areas.
- Sanitizer dispensers have been installed across campus.
- Protective measures such as Plexiglass barriers and sneeze guards have been installed in high traffic areas.
- Ventilation systems have been turned on at full capacity to frequently change over the air in all Victoria University buildings.
- Filters in air handling units have been upgraded to meet new standards indicated by health authorities.
Supports for Students
Please connect with the following offices if you have any questions or concerns or would like help accessing any of these services:
Office of the Dean of Students: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of the Registrar, Victoria College: email@example.com
Office of the Registrar, Emmanuel College: firstname.lastname@example.org
E.J. Pratt Library: email@example.com