Latest News: April 28, 2022
Our gradual return to campus activities are proceeding largely as planned, and we're excited to welcome more members of the Victoria University community back to campus.
In light of recent provincial trends, U of T has announced that they will postpone the lifting of mask requirements and continue to require masks in indoor settings until June 30, 2022.
In addition, the requirement for UCheck health screening and proof of vaccination will be on pause beginning May 1, 2022. We strongly encourage faculty, staff and students to get vaccinated including all booster doses.
All campus buildings and parking lots have now reopened, including E.J. Pratt and Emmanuel Library. Members of the Vic community may also access Goldring Student Centre, including Ned’s Café, which is open for takeout to students, staff and faculty. The two-metre distancing for events with food is no longer required.
Vaccination and Screening
The requirement for UCheck health screening and proof of vaccination for current employees will be on pause beginning May 1, 2022.
Victoria University continues to encourage all faculty, staff and students to get vaccinated including all booster doses.
Masks will continue to be required in indoor spaces where physical distancing cannot be maintained, such as classrooms.
We continue to recommend that medical masks or respirators be worn instead of cloth masks. For more information, please see our Mask Usage Chart.
Distance and Capacity Limits
Most spaces across campus have returned to pre-pandemic capacity limits. Exceptions include eating areas or events that involve food.
Shared eating spaces can be accessed throughout the day during standard building opening hours. Ned’s Café remains open for take-out to students, staff and faculty.
- Victoria University Common Room
- Private Dining Room
Staff may enter through the door on the southwest side of Burwash Dining Hall, facing the Quad/sundial. High Table will remain closed.
- EM 303, Student Coffee Room
Located on the third floor, towards the south end of the building.
- The main Burwash Dining Hall will remain open to students with meal plans only.
- The Regents Foyer on the second floor of the Goldring Student Centre is open to students as an eating space.
For Eating Areas:
- Furniture in eating areas will be configured to allow for two-metre distancing and have signage noting capacity limits.
- Masks can be removed temporarily for eating/drinking while physically distanced.
- Please finish your drink/food promptly and put your mask back on as soon as you have finished eating and drinking. Do not linger for long periods with a beverage.
All event planning on campus should adhere to the Safety Checklist.
Other Health and Safety Measures
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting in high traffic areas.
- Sanitizer dispensers have been installed across campus.
- Protective measures such as Plexiglass barriers and sneeze guards have been installed in high traffic areas.
- Ventilation systems have been turned on at full capacity to frequently change over the air in all Victoria University buildings.
- Filters in air handling units have been upgraded to meet new standards indicated by health authorities.
Support for Staff and Faculty
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic Victoria University has remained focused on the health and safety of students, faculty and staff. This commitment remains our guiding tenet as the University prepares to enact a carefully planned return to campus. Below is an outline of plans and decisions related to access to campus buildings and grounds, cleaning and sanitization and to technology infrastructure.
The Print Shop and Mailroom have resumed their operations in Victoria College.
Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Victoria College Building (a.k.a. "Old Vic”)
Basement Level - VC 010
Mail will be delivered to units that are currently on campus. Mail for all other units will be held in the mailroom and can be picked up by a designated staff member. Print shop staff will take orders in person or via email at email@example.com. Completed print jobs can be picked up from the Print Shop.
E.J. Pratt Library has resumed curbside pickup services as of June 15, 2021.