In an effort to regulate the number of wedding parties using the Victoria University campus at any given time, the University has adopted a policy that will permit limited use of exterior sites on the Victoria University campus by the general public. This use is restricted to the Victoria University campus only.
Victoria University Conference Services administers this policy, and books site location reservations upon receipt of written requests. Permission will be granted based on a first-come, first-served basis. Permission will be given for the use of a specific site on a specific weekend or statutory holiday, during a specific two-hour duration.
There are currently six sites that may be booked for photography photos:
- Burwash Arch
- St. Mary's Arch
- The Peace Garden
- Victoria College South & East Stairs
- Victoria College Quad
- Emmanuel College Quad
Policies & Procedures
- Permission will only be given upon written requests for a single, two-hour period for the specific site location, date and time.
- Requests must be received a minimum of two weeks in advance.
- Permission will be given for weekends and statutory holidays only, based on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Permissions will be restricted to one photo session per site, per two-hour time slot, beginning on the hour.
- No permissions will be given for days during which scheduled University or other activities may be disrupted by wedding photo sessions.
- The Personal Photo Permit, Engagement Photo Permit and Wedding Photo Permits do not include portraits for professional use, student film or photoshoots, portfolio shoots, editorial, fashion or commercial photography or filming, which are subject to different rates and conditions. Please contact the Events Coordinator for these special rates.
- The University reserves the right to cancel a photo session if it is in conflict with an organized University event or another event, provided that reasonable notice can be given to the wedding parties involved. In such cases, if no satisfactory alternative time, site, or date can be arranged, location fees will be returned.
Fees & Registration Info
A non-refundable location fee of $300 per two-hour minimum, plus applicable HST will be charged for each session. Victoria University staff, students and alumni (bride and/or groom) will be eligible for a 20 per cent discount on the location fee.
On your permit day, please:
- Register at our Residence Services Front desk located at Margaret Addison Hall Residence at 140 Charles St West Toronto, ON.
- Arrive a minimum of 15 minutes prior to your session start time.
- Produce the email confirmation of your booking or provide a printed copy of the email confirmation.
Please note that the number of participants will be monitored according to provincial COVID-19 restrictions.
Notice of the requirement will be given to first-time offenders, along with a warning that future infractions will result in the issuance of a notice of trespass. Security will provide the Events Coordinator with the names of such photographers.
No vehicles or drones are permitted on the property of Victoria University.
Victoria University, Events Victoria Department will manage requests, confirm bookings, provide letters of permission, provide advice concerning regulations, restrictions, site locations, etc., and collect location fees. By purchasing this permit, you have agreed to Victoria University’s terms and conditions.